Joe Fournier

Joe Fournier

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

AUTHORIZED - insider blows the whistle on the United Inventors Association


Mark Reyland writes an email to the 14,000 UIA members claiming that I somehow "gained unauthorized access to the UIA mail servers

(oh as a note, the advertises that it sends out emails to its almost 14,000 members, well that’s not quite the truth either, you see almost 14,000 is the member count, but what they don’t tell you when they send out the emails is the some 5000 of those who have opted out of receiving emails from the UIA, and it doesn’t tell you of the 2000 to 3000 errors it gets from people signing up with fake, or improper emails, so how many out of almost 14,000 wind up actually getting an email, if my memory recalls somewhere between 6000 and 7000 that actually receive the email)

Subject: Unauthorized use of UIA Email Server

On behalf of the entire UIA we would like to apologize for the email you received this evening from Joe Fournier. Mr. Fournier was terminated from the UIA on Monday of this week. We are unsure at this point how he gained this unauthorized access to our system.

Our attorneys will look into this matter and pursue all available legal remedies.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this incident may have caused you and look forward to your continued support of the UIA Inventor Education Mission

The UIA Staff

But the email I got from Mark and Members clicks was this:

Hello Joe Fournier,

You have been added by Mark Reyland as an Authorized Service Administrator (ASA) for United Inventors Association of America. Your login information is below.

Username: joefournier
Password: summer2012

As an ASA, you have full administrative access to Member Clicks and are also able to access any online and phone support services provided by our Help Team. Please contact Mark Reyland by replying to this email should you have questions about the use of your authorized service administrator profile for United Inventors Association of America.

Regards,
the Member Clicks Help Team

Kind of appears like I was given full administrative access to Members clicks, where the UIA mailing list is stored.

---------------------------------------------------

I told everyone about the way the UIA handled the change over from certification to sponsor

"During the annual board meeting at the end of January 2013, the United Inventors Association CEASED certification of their sponsor companies because certification creates liability for the UIA. However they failed to offer you, the inventor in need of assistance, and the courtesy of informing you that they had removed this safety net. The UIA board members preferred to allow you to trust that they were performing their due diligence with the companies who received their seal of membership for their websites and on the UIA website. In reality, the United Inventors Association was no longer performing any such service. "

Warren at least told the truth in his rebuttal letter, he told you that it changed AFTER the UIA was called out, I still have not seen them address this, how does the UIA community know they are looking into the background of businesses, why he chose to NEVER tell you.

The UIA Board voted in February to change our corporate certification sponsorship program to a corporate sponsorship program. We did this for several reasons, not the least of which involved companies outside the UIA questioning the validity of any organization preforming an official certification process. Additionally, the UIA was acting on the advice of legal counsel who advised us that a certification process could expose the organization to legal liability. A portion of the organization’s funding comes from corporate members; however our focus on the needs of the individual inventor remains our primary goal. I can assure everyone that the UIA cares deeply about who we are associated with and will continue to carefully screen all corporate sponsorship applicants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this part of my original letter I state Mark conducted inappropriate unethical practices against another inventor using his position to change another person’s idea.

I have had personal conversations with Mark Reyland, the Executive Director of the United Inventors Association, during which he explained that he was duplicating a product another inventor had only recently successfully brought to the consumer market. Mark Reyland, the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR of the UIA made DEMANDS that this inventor show him the claims on the patent the inventor held. He has even asked me to do CAD design work for a product that I now believe he was trying to at least directly interfere with the success of, if not outright steal.

And from the inventor Mark tried to take advantage of

Monday, May 27, 2013


At 11:32 AM Posted by Lesia Farmer

Hello,

I am at the forefront of this issue of Mark Reyland redesigning an inventor's product. Why you ask? Because I am Elisa Farmer, the Elisa Farmer that Mark redesigned my "Trap Door Colander"

There are a million questions regarding Warren Tuttle, Mark Reyland, Lifetime Brands, and the UIA coming in, and I need to clear up the facts of the story. Please read this story in its entirety, as I need to clear up the names of the innocent people/companies involved here.

Here are the clear facts for anyone who wants to take the time to read:

Several months ago, I was contacted by Mark Reyland who had a new design to my Trap Door Colander. He asked me what I thought of the product "I explained to Mark that I thought my patent application covered his design" and honestly I was not a big fan of the product, but that is the one I wanted him to stay with out of fear of what it could do to my colander which was just beginning to barely make traction in retail.

I then spoke to Warren Tuttle, who called to fill me in on the fact that Mark was working on a colander, and had asked for it to be submitted to Lifetime Brands. Warren at that time explained to me that it was his contractual responsibility to submit products to them, but that in fact he would proceed with caution on my behalf. Warren also said he had explained to Mark that he needed to in fact get in touch with me because of the ethical issue at hand I assume. Mark did contact me via phone, and once again I explained that I felt my patent application covered his design. He proceeded to explain to me that I did not have an actual patent, and that all I had was a patent application, which was true. He said that only way he would know whether he needed to include me was by seeing my patent claims. Like I am stupid enough to just toss me out to whoever asks for them. We got into a bit of what I consider a mild disagreement, and we at the end agreed I would contact my patent attorney. At that point I was advised not to have any more discussions with Mark about my patent. So that is what I did, no more contact.

At that point Warren Tuttle did in fact what his obligation was to do, and that was to submit Mark's version of the colander to Lifetime Brands. Warren kept me in the loop, and did come back and tell me that he had shown it, but because of the complicated issues he advised Lifetime Brands it may not be a good idea to move forward. Lifetime Brands in fact turned the new colander design down. All I can say is "what a sigh of relief!!"

During this time I also had Joe Fournier contact me that was working on the CADS for Mark, because he was a friend of mine. He was also worried about the ethical issues of designing CADS around my product. He and I had many in depth discussions about my feelings on the issue, and he did well at keeping me calm. Mark Reyland was also a friend of his, and we tried to keep the two separate, and he never shared the CADS with me. He just assured me that my product was better, so no worries. He also had a job to do for the UIA, and I always tried to respect that. Then at a much later date Joe shared with me that Mark Reyland had submitted the new colander design to A.J. Khubani on his private jet. I have verified that story through a very reliable source, and that source was someone who was also on the plane.

With everything I am trying to say, my main focus is that people understand that I respect Warren Tuttle's responsibility to Lifetime Brands, and I have never held against him that he did his job. Warren Tuttle is a great friend of mine, and still today I trust him. I think the distrust needs to be shifted in another direction, and that is the direction of Mark Reyland. I told Mark if this ever got out, it would be a train wreck, well Mark by not covering yourself, and boasting about what you had done, the train wreck is in fact here. I sit back, and kept my mouth closed, and you decided to move forward and make people aware you were redesigning my colander, and that is your fault.

I also would like to add that legally Mark Reyland did NOTHING wrong....... For the inventor community it seems to be the ETHICS are what is in question here with Mark Reyland position as Executive Director of the United Inventors Association!!

He spoke of me as if I was not only a friend, but a professional inventor: http://www.marktreyland.com/making-a-professional-inventor/ and maybe this is why I have had a hard time with this.

I do not want this blog post to be about anger or hurt, so I will leave it at this. I have drawn my own conclusion............Now it's up to you the reader to draw yours as to who is guilty of anything. It is NOT Warren Tuttle, it is NOT Lifetime Brands, and NOT the UIA. The only part the UIA that plays in any of this is the position Mark Reyland holds as the Executive Director.

I put my faith in Warren that he will handle this internally, and my hopes is that one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch. We all agree the UIA has some outstanding inventor programs, and I know these people tirelessly give their personal time. I beg of each one of you reading, please put the blame where it is due, and not against an entire organization.

Any responses will be monitored before I post them because I will NOT have this turn into a more confusing situation, nor will I let this get out of hand with anything that is not a fact in this story!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the points that my first email addressed and all parts of that email were backed up with FACTS, What did I get in return from the UIA? I got called a criminal, I got called a hacker, and I was accused of doing things I never did,

I have known Mark for almost a year, and you know something when I asked him what he invented and had on the market he sent me, the ba noodle, and twist caps, stupid little plastic caps to put on a soda can. Even as a so called friend he has never once produced anything till I saw him copying Lesias Idea.

Marks credentials of course are top secret, of course he had a great work experiences, that’s why he works for the UIA now making what he can steal or 36,000 a year if he was approved by HOS board, that brings up another topic, we will save that for this week, mark tells me that the UIA Board answers to HIM not the other way around. Then we will talk about how the UIA pays its "volunteers"

 

1 comment:

  1. I had heard about this story and didn't know what to believe, but this goes to show that Mark Reyland truly is a dishonest person. Shame on him for stealing an inventors idea! Especially someone that was trusting hm with advice. I hope people in the industry and new inventors stay clear of him now.

    ReplyDelete